- 1 What is Addiction Service in Turkey?
- 1.1 What Diseases Does the Addiction Service (AMATEM) Deal with?
- 1.2 Why is Inpatient Treatment Recommended for Patients?
- 1.3 How Are Patients Treated in the Addiction Service (AMATEM)?
- 1.4 What Are the Tests and Evaluations Performed in the Addiction Clinic (AMATEM)?
- 1.5 What are the General Rules in the Addiction Clinic (AMATEM)?
- 1.6 Things to Consider Before Visiting the Addiction Clinic (AMATEM) in Turkey
What is Addiction Service in Turkey?
Moodist Psychiatry and Neurology Hospital Addiction Service (AMATEM) is a treatment centre with a humanistic approach that applies ethical and scientific methods.
It has the AMATEM (Substance Addiction Treatment Centre) license issued by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Turkey.
Addiction treatment is a journey. At the Addiction Clinic (AMATEM), we aim to reach the goal by working together on this journey.
At the Addiction Clinic (AMATEM), we fight against all types of addiction. In addition to alcohol and drug addiction, we provide services on gambling and internet addiction. At the Addiction Clinic (AMATEM), we have a dedicated team of experts serving in the field of gambling addiction. We also implement a training program for parents on internet addiction.
We work with psychiatrists, psychologists and nurses who are experienced in addiction under the medical directorship of Prof. Dr. Kültegin Ögel.
We conduct research on addiction, provide trainings and organize symposiums.
What Diseases Does the Addiction Service (AMATEM) Deal with?
Moodist Psychiatry and Neurology Hospital Addiction Service (AMATEM) provides services in the fields of alcohol and substance addiction as well as gambling and internet addiction. In addition, other psychiatric diseases caused by addiction are treated in the Addiction Service (AMATEM).
Why is Inpatient Treatment Recommended for Patients?
Addiction treatment is a long journey. A period of time is needed in order to eliminate withdrawal symptoms, to detoxification of the body from alcohol and substances, to gain awareness of addiction and motivation for treatment, to realize the risk situations of substance use and to gain the ability to cope with these situations. Addiction Service (AMATEM) inpatient treatment; While providing the opportunity to detoxicate in a comfortable environment, the first steps are taken for long-term recovery.
How Are Patients Treated in the Addiction Service (AMATEM)?
In the Addiction Service (AMATEM), we developed the Accelerated Detoxification Program (HAP), which is particularly useful in heroin addiction. We provide fast and healthy detoxification.
We are doing injection treatments that have just started to be applied in the world and provide long-term healing, effective for 3 months.
We implement the Bapisoft program, which provides detailed evaluation and development of a personalized recovery program in addiction.
It is known that some mental functions are impaired in addiction. It is important to measure how much mental functions are damaged during the treatment process. We use the computer-based MoodCog test program we developed for this purpose.
We also perform all kinds of urine and hair tests in our clinic to make an accurate and definitive diagnosis.
In outpatient and inpatient treatments, we apply group therapies as well as individual interviews. We use the Personal Recovery Program (KİP) to prevent relapse and provide personal development in individual interviews.
We have developed the Moodist Relapse Index (MORI) in our hospital to prevent relapse and identify risks appropriate for the individual. In the addiction clinic (AMATEM), we are trying to take precautions to prevent re-use in the early period by applying MORI.
What Are the Tests and Evaluations Performed in the Addiction Clinic (AMATEM)?
In the Addiction Service (AMATEM), blood and urine tests are performed in order to create the most appropriate treatment program for our patients.
In the Addiction Service (AMATEM), the Addiction Profile Index (BAPI) prepared by Prof. Dr. Dr. Kültegin Ögel is applied in order to make an accurate assessment in individual interviews.
The Moodist Relapse Index (MORI), which we have prepared in order to determine the potential risk situations that may cause the person to use drugs again after discharge and to work on these situations, is applied.
Alcohol and substance use can negatively affect the mental functions of the person (attention, memory, decision-making, risk-taking behaviour). The MoodCog system, which we developed together with Sabancı University in order to evaluate mental functions, is used in the Addiction Clinic (AMATEM).
What is Done During the Day in the Addiction Clinic (AMATEM)?
Many treatments and activities are carried out during the day in the Addiction Service of Moodist Psychiatry and Neurology Hospital.
The day starts with a good morning meeting in the company of nurses and psychologists. Then, our psychiatrists make visits and closely follow the treatment processes of our patients.
During the day, our psychologists conduct individual interviews with patients. In addition to individual interviews, group and art therapies are also applied in the Addiction Clinic (AMATEM).
During the day, various psycho-education and tests are given for addiction.
There are also garden hours, sports and common area activities throughout the day.
In addition, Body-Rhythm Therapy, Juggling Art and Tile Art Workshops are held at the Addiction Service of Moodist Psychiatry and Neurology Hospital on weekends.
In the Addiction Clinic (AMATEM), Functional Training is applied for 3 days, including weekdays and weekends.
What are the General Rules in the Addiction Clinic (AMATEM)?
- For security, room and body searches can be made and laces, belts, shoes and items that should not be kept on them (such as credit cards, money, jewellery) are received and placed in the safety locker. It can also be delivered to the patient’s relatives upon request.
- If it is decided to have a companion with the patient, the accompanying persons are also subject to a body search.
- Relatives of the patients who want to visit the patient during the treatment are searched by our security team before the interview. Unopened food and beverage, brought to the clinic/patient by the patient’s relative, is accepted after being checked by the personnel in its original packaging. Food and beverage in glass, porcelain, and tin cans are not accepted.
Use of Electronic Devices:
- The patient is not allowed to use his belongings such as mobile phone, computer, and tablet for the first 2 days after his admission to the service. The use of electronic devices is under the control of the case officer and is limited.
- It is not allowed to use electronic devices in the common area of the service. It is forbidden to use someone else’s electronic device or to share your own electronic device with another person.
- It is forbidden to take photos and video recordings in the clinic.
- Patients deliver their cigarette packs to the hospital staff and meet their smoking needs by requesting cigarettes from the staff.
- The patient and his/her relatives should not keep items such as lighters and matches in the hospital.
- The patient who wants to smoke should use the special “Smoking Room” in the hospital.
- Smoking demands of our patients under the age of 18 are not met.
Exit Out of the Clinic:
- Except for the first day of hospitalization, people go out to the hospital garden twice a day, accompanied by staff.
- Leaving the hospital can be done on the days and hours allowed by the case officer, at the end of the determined time, provided that he/she comes back to the hospital without delay.
- The patient, who is allowed to leave the hospital, is taken to the hospital by making a body search again when he returns to the hospital.
- No visitors are accepted for the first 2 days.
- Visiting permission is given if deemed appropriate by the treatment team.
- Visits can be made between 12:00-20:00 and 30 minutes on weekdays and 40 minutes on weekends.
- Visits are only made in the “Visitor Meeting Room” and only 2 patient relatives can be admitted to the visit.
- In order to protect the mental health of children, care should be taken not to allow children under the age of 15 to attend visits.
All of our menus are under the control of a dietician.
Our meal times;
- Our cleaning staff work to keep the rooms and service area clean. The cleaning of the rooms, toilets and bathrooms is done by the staff.
- The self-care needs of our patients are followed daily. The patient can be assisted in line with the request of the patient who has difficulty in meeting his/her self-care.
- It is forbidden for the patient and the companion to enter another patient’s room, even with the consent of the other patient.
- Patients are not allowed to carry any medication with them.
- Patients should not have valuables, glass, metal, penetrating and sharp objects, string, perfume, cologne with them.
Things to Consider Before Visiting the Addiction Clinic (AMATEM) in Turkey
Before the patient is admitted to the Addiction Clinic (AMATEM), the patient or his/her relative should call the hospital and find out which items (clothes, chargers, etc.) will be needed by the patient during the hospitalization. No items other than the specified items should be brought.
Before hospitalization, the patient and their relatives should carefully read the clinical rules.
In order to spend the treatment process efficiently, patients and their relatives should know that addiction is a complex disease and should learn about addiction. You can get support from our treatment team in this regard.
Remember, addiction treatment is a long journey and the patient, patient’s relatives and treatment team should continue this journey together.
Information and Opportunities for the Families of Patients Hospitalized in the Addiction Clinic (AMATEM)
The role of the family in addiction treatment is very important. That’s why we implement support programs for families at the Addiction Clinic (AMATEM). We developed the Independent Generation program for the mental health of children of addicted parents and to prevent them from being addicted individuals in the future.
How is Security Provided in the Addiction Service (AMATEM)?
Before the patient is taken to the clinic, he is searched by our security team with his belongings in order to avoid a situation that may harm himself, someone else and the treatment process. If it is decided to have a companion with the patient, the accompanying persons are also subject to a body search.
Our service is monitored 24/7 by both the security and the nurse team.
Patients go to family meetings, garden, sports and art workshop accompanied by security and nurses.
The relatives of the patients who want to visit the patient during the treatment are also searched by our security team before the visit. Unopened food and beverage, brought to the clinic/patient by the patient’s relative, is accepted after being checked by the personnel in its original packaging. Food and beverage in glass, porcelain, and tin cans are not accepted.
The internet usage of our patients is via the Wi-Fi network of our hospital and this network does not allow sites and connections that will adversely affect the treatment process.
The information on this page has been prepared by the Moodist Psychiatry and Neurology Hospital Medical Team.